Sunday, April 4, 2010

General Conference Weekend!

I love General Conference weekend!

The weekend started off on friday night with a Temple Sq mission reunion in Salt Lake! It was so good to see so many of the wonderful senior couples and many sisters from around the world! Brett and I drove up with Karen McKay and we were discussing how different T2 mission reunions must be to other mission reunions. Lots of screaming and hugging! I guess thats what happens when you take over 200 young women from all over the world, throw them together for 18 months, they become the best of friends and those rare reunions bring so much joy!

Sisters Brown (McNaughton), Redpath, Ostlund & Lara


Keeler (we met and about 10mins later were the best of friends! We were lucky enough to serve around each other a lot for 2 transfers!), Nelson (my twin, we dated the same guy, practically atthe same time, but thats another story!) and of course me!

Saturday night during Preiesthood session Nat, Dani and I had a girls night! We went to Rumbi's Island Grill, Farrs and the mall! Love these girls and our girl time!

Sunday morning we were blessed to have tickets for the Sunday morning session, with music and the spoken word! It was so great to be on the Square during such a busy time, but it definitely made me miss being a missionary there! I ran into President and Sister Holmes, President said "Where is your tag?! Why aren't you out there getting referrals?! You'd still do great out there!" If only I had know I would have been right to work! I have so many amazing memories there being a missionary and it was fun to keep making more memories with Brett. We watched the 2nd session in the Tabernacle, there was some crazy woman who would go up to the parents with kids that made any noise and would try and take the kid from them to take them to the cry room. That was super weird, poor parents!

Finally right before we left I found Sister Storer! I love this crazy girl! We had soo much fun together! I can't wait for her to get home!!

In the Conference Center right before Music & the Spoken Word! I love being with my amazing husband! He is so patient everytime we come to the sq, he lets me spend as much time as I want/need with my sisters! He is so good at spotting them too!

Sister Bailey (TN) and her compy! I haven't seen Sister TN since Oct as she went outbound. She just got back from Washington on weds so I was so excited to find her!! She never fails to crack me up! We had some insanely fun times together!!

After the 2nd session we went over to visit Grandma and Grandpa Steenblik! We had a lovely meal and they told us lots of family stories! It was so fun to visit with them!

No comments:

Post a Comment