Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Lucas Has Hundreds of Aunts...Meet Two of Them!


Just before the rain came!

When a missionary serves a mission they make lasting friends, but when one serves on Temple Square they make hundreds of sisters for life. Living within 35 acres inevitably means you  get to know other sisters very well, you learn about their homes, background, wishes for the future and of course their significant other :)

Two of my favorite sisters are currently going BYU-I and last night Lucas and I went to hang out with his very special Temple Square Aunts, Sister Katie Bailey and Sister Betsy O'Brien (now Petersen).

Let me tell you a little bit about them and why I love them so much...

Betsy

Betsy was my 7th companion (I previously wrote a blog post about her here) we didn't know each other too well when we became companions, we had talked a few times and I thought she was such a sweet sister. Having her as a companion was one of the biggest highlights of my mission, we got a long so well and were an amazing team. We had so many spiritual experiences that are at the top of the list from my mission, some days were so amazing that we would run down to the bottom of the South Visitors Center at the end of the night, fall to the floor, laugh and marvel at the hand of God in our lives.

We also had many fun times, we saw a couple get engaged, went to to the International Peace Gardens, drove President Holmes' Mercedes and filled up mission cars in our full length pea-coats wearing tennis shoes (we looked like Mum's dropping their kids off at early morning seminary). 

Katie aka Tennessee

I can't even remember how I got to know TN, we had the same p-day one transfer which means we must have been in the same Zone. Everything about life with TN is fun! She constantly makes me laugh and I can say "Remember that one time..." over and over and have a funny experience to add on the end each time. If TN and I were together, there was a good chance we would get into some kind of trouble. We had dance parties, a trip to East High to walk the halls that 'Troy' walked down, we made sushi and laughed and laughed.

Despite how much fun we had together I knew I could always count on TN, she was there for me through some boy troubles and I was there for her when she found out her dog has passed away. TN is the best kind of friend, someone you can turn to and someone you can laugh with all day long.

I love you guys and am so glad we got to hang out last night!!

No comments:

Post a Comment