Sunday, September 2, 2012

Exploring Utah: Swiss Days

I grew up in England, an hour from London. How many times have I been to London? Maybe 10 times, if that. How much of London have I explored? Probably less than a tourist. I guess my mentality was that "London will always be there, I can go another time", but obviously I now live 14 hours from London, rather than 1 and exploring the city is not that easy to do.

We have 8 months left in Utah (well unless Brett gets a job here) and I decided it was time to start looking at Utah like a tourist. There are so many things to see and do in Utah, things close by that I have either never heard of or just never done. So for the next 8 months I will be blogging about our weekends of "Exploring Utah". Let's start off with this weekend's adventure of Swiss Days.

Swiss Day's is an annual event that happens in Midway (by Heber). I absolutely love Midway and always say that if we stay in Utah it is where I want to live. It is a small Swiss inspired town, a lot of the homes have a Swiss style to them, even the church does. The town is full of little shops and has a cute park and bakery. There is lots of farm land and you would never know the hustle and bustle of Provo/SLC/Park City is so close.

A beautiful view from a residential street where we parked our car.


This event is a big deal and probably brings more traffic to Midway in one day than it does the other 364 days of the year.

We tried a Knockwurst...not sure how traditional it is to Switzerland, but we enjoyed it all the same.

Even the missionaries enjoyed some Swiss Days fun!

We enjoyed some yummy peach and razzleberry pie!

Lots of fun booths and trinkets to buy...there was so many cute things I wanted to buy but couldn't justify because I knew I could make it for cheaper.

We purchased some "Swiss Bread" apparently what makes a Swiss loaf is the fact that the recipe includes eggs which makes it denser and it is braided on top.

One thing I couldn't make was this cute sign made out of old cut up license plates. I love this and can't wait to put it up in Lucas' room!

No comments:

Post a Comment